Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I) and fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees can contribute, thrive and grow.
We strive to create a safe and open environment where everyone is supported to contribute to our success and have an impact – where everyone feels accepted, respected and valued. These differences allow for better decision-making, drive innovative thinking, and inspire collaboration to better serve our customers. Our goal is to ensure that all employees experience our workplace as a welcoming, equitable and respectful environment where everyone can achieve their true potential.
How We Define Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Diversity. All the ways that we differ. It includes visible differences such as age, gender, ethnicity and physical appearance, as well as underlying differences such as education, thinking styles, religion, nationality, and sexual orientation.
- Equity. A fair and equitable workplace. Providing each individual with what they need in order to have an equal opportunity to succeed.
- Inclusion. An environment where differences are valued; where everyone has the opportunity to develop skills and talents consistent with our values and business objectives. The aim is to make Cabot an organization where people feel involved and respected – where the richness of ideas, backgrounds, and perspectives are leveraged to create business value.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & InclusionDE&I is embedded in our culture, our core values, and our sustainability agenda. Our 2025 Sustainability Goals include:
- We will foster an environment where employees report high levels of inclusion and support for their professional development.
- We will increase diverse representation in leadership and professional roles.
Grow your career at Cabot
We’re looking for all kinds of people to create a more vibrant team.
Three core guiding principles that direct our actions:
- We need both diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I) working together to maximize the benefits for employees and the Company.
- DE&I is best supported by a dual focus on global and local approaches.
- DE&I must be integrated into our culture, our daily practices and behaviors.
We continue to evolve our practices and approach to advance our DE&I efforts, continuously listening and learning to our employees and external best practices.
Foundational elements to our approach include:
- Our global DE&I Council, made up of a diverse cross-representation of our businesses, functions and regions, serve as activists to inform our DE&I strategy, help shape our policies and practices, and engage in global and local efforts to help us achieve our goals.
- Unconscious bias training as a core focus for all leaders.
- Evaluating our practices and policies to ensure they are fair, equitable and meet the needs of our diverse workforce.
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) help provide a sense of community, raise awareness, support recruitment and development efforts and sponsor community outreach efforts.
- Charitable giving and community engagement. The Cabot Corporation Foundation supports approximately $1 million in charitable giving each year, supporting both global causes (e.g., community success, STEM and literacy education, and support human services programs) and local community engagement.
- Local engagement of our employees across our sites worldwide. We recognize diversity can mean different things across our global community. While we pursue common DE&I goals together, we also encourage our teams to identify and act on what is most meaningful to them locally.
CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion™ Pledge
Our CEO, Sean Keohane, joined more than 1,000 CEOs in signing the pledge.
By signing onto the commitment, Cabot Corporation is promising to take action to cultivate a workplace where diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected and where employees feel encouraged to speak up and take part in constructive conversations around issues of D&I.
ACP Mentorship Program
As part of our ongoing efforts to honor and help support our brave service members, we announced our partnership with American Corporate Partners (ACP) through their mentorship program.
ACP is a national nonprofit assisting post-9/11 veterans in their transition from the military to the civilian workforce and towards fulfilling, long-term careers. Our CEO and other employees are actively involved in sharing their knowledge and expertise as a professional to help veterans as they transition from the military to the civilian workforce and towards fulfilling, long-term careers.
We are proud to be one of the inaugural sponsors of The Future of STEM Scholars Initiative (FOSSI).
Founded by the American Chemistry Council (ACC), the American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE), Chemours and HBCU Week Foundation, FOSSI seeks to increase the number of underrepresented professionals in the STEM workforce by providing scholarships to students pursuing STEM degrees at Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs), and connecting those students to leadership development, mentoring and internship opportunities.
We sponsored the 50th Anniversary Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial Breakfast, which honors the legacy of Dr. King.
Cabot employees and family members attended to remember and celebrate the legacy of Dr. King as well as learn how we can continue to advance his dream. This annual tradition is the nation’s oldest MLK memorial breakfast and the participants included Governor Charlie D. Baker, Mayor Martin J. Walsh, U.S. Congresswoman Ayanna Pressley, and U.S. Senator Edward J. Markey.
GLAD's Spirit of Justice Award Celebration
We were a proud sponsor of GLAD’s 21st Annual Spirit of Justice Award Celebration.
Mock Interviews with Members of The Price Center
In honor of National Disability Employment Awareness Month, we partnered with The Price Center on various activities.
The Price Center is an organization dedicated to providing programs and support for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities to help them build self-confidence and maximize their potential. Individuals from The Price Center visited our Boston Office to learn more about the interview process and participate in mock interviews with our employees.