Our products have been specially developed to improve the mechanical, optical and stability properties of room temperature vulcanizing (RTV) sealants.
RTV silicone sealants are used in a multitude of applications due to their weather resistance, thermal stability, adhesion and aesthetic properties. Common applications include weatherproofing and structural glazing applications in the construction industry, sealing and gasketing applications in appliance and transportation industries, and potting and encapsulation in the electronics industry.
We offer CAB-O-SIL fumed silica as an additive to improve the mechanical, optical and stability properties of RTV sealants and adhesive polymers during all phases of use:
- During storage, CAB-O-SIL fumed silica reduces settling, and hydrophobic fumed silica helps extend shelf-life.
- During application, CAB-O-SIL fumed silica enables consistent viscosity, which allows the formulator to tailor the extrusion rate and bead properties.
- Upon curing, CAB-O-SIL fumed silica improves tensile strength, tear strength and modulus properties.
Certain CAB-O-SIL fumed silica products can also be selected to maximize optical clarity for those RTV applications that require transparency.
We also offer MONARCH® carbon black products that provide color and reinforcement for RTV sealants.
MONARCH® 650 carbon black offers a wide range of properties for use in window sealants and glass wall applications. It provides the following benefits:
- High gloss
- Excellent jetness at reduced loadings
- Outstanding heat stability
- Easy dispersion in dimethyl silicone fluid through conventional compounding
WANT TO LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR SOLUTIONS FOR SILICONE SEALANTS?
Get in touch with a member of our team